Hey there Pups! I’m super excited with only 2 weeks out before CLAW 2017…
With last year being my very first time visiting CLAW I wanted to share a couple of tips and tricks I found helpful for preparing this year. I hope you might find them helpful as well 🙂
Get Your Leather & Kink Gear Ready & Clean!
Now is a perfect time to make the all important choice of the gear you are going to be taking to CLAW. I like to get my leather out, choose what I am going to be taking and then give it a good clean and airing. There are many events so mixing and matching can be a great way to save space… (unless you are a relentless leather dog like me with a significant leather gear addiction lol)
Here is a great video by Dire Pup on how to clean and nourish your leather pup hood.
Decide What CLAW Events You Want To Attend
There are heaps of events happening at CLAW. So many great nights, classes and other fun events. Between catching up with friends, shopping and mingling it can be a MASSIVE weekend. I highly recommend you check out the schedule and make a bit of a plan for the weekend. You can check out the full schedule here at the CLAW 2017 website: http://clawinfo.org
Of course I want to give a bit of a plug for my two presentations:
Health Tips For Kinky Guys :Friday 28th 11:45-1pm
Human Pup Play Skills: Saturday 29th 3:30-5:3-pm
Get A Sexual Health Screening
Do consider having a sexual health screening before attending CLAW. Nobody wants to be that guy that accidentally gave their friends Chlamydia. Two weeks out gives you plenty of time to get tested, treated and recovered before catching up with your mates.
Not sure what is in a full sexual health screening? Please enjoy this guide from my presentation on human pup play from CLAW last year.
Final Tips and Tricks
- Consider getting a business card made up. Include your Twitter, Facebook, Recon and other contact details so you can stay in contact with your friends after the event!
- Leave a little space in your luggage… There are normally some special prices available at the vendor mart. Keep a little space for those cool finds you may discover.
- Last year there was only one ATM and it was empty by the end of the first day. Carry some cash so you won’t get caught short.
- If you take any medications make sure you have enough for your travel and stay plus a few extra days should your plans change.
- Reach out and make sure you let people know you want to meet! That said plans can change so don’t be disappointed if you don’t get to meet all the people you wanted to. CLAW is a freaking busy weekend. Failure to connect is rarely personal but be proactive and understand that it’s busy for everyone!
- Carry an extra smile and perhaps a few cool things from your local area. It can be nice to swap shirts or gifts with people who are special, it’s the little things that count.
Most of all have an amazing CLAW pups! Really looking forward to meeting you all!
Hugs and tugs, Gpup Alpha.